‘Tis the season for leftovers! Here are a few inspired suggestions from Ocean Prime Denver’s Executive Chef Roman Rodriguez for reimagining your leftover holiday fare.
Sweet Potato Ravioli
- 8 wonton skins
- 8 ounces leftover sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Pinch brown sugar
- Purée the sweet potatoes, butter, salt, white pepper and brown sugar until smooth and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Place one tablespoon of the mixture in the middle of each wonton square, then wet the edges with water and gold over to seal.
- Place the raviolis in boiling water until cooked (approximately 3 minutes).
- 1 yellow onion, medium dice
- 1 tomato, medium dice
- ½ cup fresh chopped green chiles
- 1 pound turkey, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- Soft corn or flour tortillas
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
- Additional taco toppings of your choice
- Sauté the onion, tomato and turkey in oil on medium to high heat then deglaze the pan with the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cook until vegetables are cooked and broth has mostly reduced.
- Transfer the mixture to your tortillas and add your favorite taco toppings.
Turkey & Waffles
For the waffles, use your favorite waffle recipe. Chef Rodriguez recommends a more neutral batter to complement the savory turkey.
- 1 pound turkey
- 1 pound stuffing
- Maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- Bread crumbs
- Chicken stock as needed
- Add all ingredients to a food processor until not quite smooth.
- Remove mixture and form medium cakes using your hands, then dredge them in (1) flour, (2) eggs and (3) bread crumbs.
- Gently place them in a deep pan fry and cook until golden brown.
- Cut waffles and turkey patties in half and place turkey over waffles and finish with leftover gravy and a drizzle of maple syrup.