Cap City Fine Diner has some of the best carrot cake around. Our 24K Carrot Cake is super decadent – with with pineapple, golden raisins and walnuts with white chocolate cream cheese icing.
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 1/4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drainedPreparationSoak raisins in hot water for 15 minutes and drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On medium speed mix oil and sugar. Add 4 eggs at a time. Sift together dry ingredients and fold into creamed mixture. By hand, fold in carrots, raisins, and pineapple sauce. Pour into 3 springform pans (10-inches in diameter) lined with parchment and coated with vegetable spray. Bake for 25 minutes. Keep checking cake until it is completely baked, but not stiff (up to 30 additional minutes may be needed).
White Chocolate Frosting ingredients:
- 1 pound white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 12 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3/4 pound softened butter
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
Melt chocolate with butter. Blend rest of ingredients. Add chocolate mixture. Whip until smooth. Cut cake into 3 rounds (cut horizontally). Spread frosting on bottom layer, top with cake and repeat process until all icing is used. Chill cake before cutting to serve.
Caramel Sauce ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup cream
Cook sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat stirring constantly until golden brown. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and cream alternately, being careful to avoid bubbles and splattering. Cool and store in covered container at room temperature.