This cocktail was invented in New York just before Prohibition. The name comes from the sky blue hue imparted by the crème de violette.
- 1 ½ oz. Beefeater Gin
- ¼ oz. Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- ½ oz. freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- ¼ oz. simple syrup
- ¼ oz. crème de violette
- Combine Beefeater, Luxardo and fresh‐squeezed lemon juice in mixing glass.
- Add ice to mixing tin.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into service glass.
- Slowly and carefully pour Crème de Violette down the wall of the service glass so as to create a layered effect.