Arctic char is a delicate fish with a clean, mild flavor, which is balanced nicely with the sweetness of the balsamic, the nutty roasted cauliflower and the creamy purée. This recipe serves one, so it can easily be altered to suit your needs.
- 8 ounces Arctic char
- 1 tablespoon blended oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lemon wedge
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons cauliflower purée (boiled, strained and puréed in food processor)
- 4 ounces roasted cauliflower
- ¼ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon EVOO
- Season char with salt and pepper. Sear in a hot, nonstick pan with blended oil.
- Place fish upside-down on a baking sheet in a warm oven.
- Once fish is cooked, flip over and add 1 tablespoon butter on top of fish.
- Once the butter is melted (not brown), add parsley and squeeze lemon over fish.
- Plate over cauliflower puree with 1 oz. of the roasted cauliflower underneath.
- Garnish top of fish with remaining roasted cauliflower and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and EVOO.